Thread: Amr decoder

Beans
    Hidden!

Amr decoder

Which package should I install to get amr playback (amr decoder). Iam installing in a computer without internet connection . So I can't use synaptic. Need to download .deb file manually. Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Amr decoder

The only player capable of playing amr (.3gp files) for me is Realplayer

download deb from here..www.real.com/linux/ But onlu 32 bit version no native version for 64...so use dpkg --force--architecture cammand in terminal
    Last edited by vinutux; August 1st, 2009 at 09:23 PM.
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by vinutux View Post
    The only player capable of playing amr (.3gp files) for me is Realplayer

download deb from here..www.real.com/linux/ But onlu 32 bit version no native version for 64...so use dpkg --force--architecture cammand in terminal
    Thanks . But I am able to play 3gp files in totem . But no sound. It tells me to install amr decoder. Thats why I have asked.Is there any decoder/plugin for gstreamer or anything like that. For vcd I had installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad . Anything like that?.
    Last edited by praveesh; August 2nd, 2009 at 04:12 AM.

Beans

There are many threads in this forum about 3gp (an advanced search in the Multimedia & Video forum should provide a lot.

What I've found is in this post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...68#post7682868

(( gstreamer apps no, a medibuntu, ppa, or built mplayer is your easiest path, vlc with some work, xine players with some possible add. work.

There may be a possibility in karmic or beyond that gstreamer will support the open source amr libs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Talking Re: Amr decoder

Quote Originally Posted by praveesh View Post
    Thanks . But I am able to play 3gp files in totem . But no sound. It tells me to install amr decoder. Thats why I have asked.Is there any decoder/plugin for gstreamer or anything like that. For vcd I had installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad . Anything like that?.
    the 3gp video is fine in vlc,xine,totem,totem-xine,Dragon...etc but realpalyer is the only app able to play amr....othervice you want to compile...ffmpeg,mpalyer [not recommended for newbies].....
    --- I am what I am because of what we all are ----

Beans

Hi vintux,

Quote Originally Posted by vinutux View Post
    realpalyer is the only app able to play amr....othervice you want to compile...ffmpeg,mpalyer [not recommended for newbies].....
    I believe that the Medibuntu MPlayer will in fact play files containing amr sound. This is true for Jaunty Jackalope and earlier, Medibuntu does not have an MPlayer build for Karmic Koala at the moment.

Andrew
    You think that's air you're breathing now?