Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dc740 View Post
    thewolfman:
    Check it here:
    http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/~linu...page=Downloads

if you are using sisimedia drivers then you should use:
    Section "Device"
    Driver "sisimedia"
    EndSection

If you are using the Winischhofer drivers then you should use:
    Section "Device"
    Driver "sis671"
    EndSection

kaspin:
    I have no idea. but it seems that you are configuring something wrong. check your xorg.conf files and try to configure only the basics. and leave anything else as default
    Hi dc740,

thanks for your reply, I downloaded the file from Ubuntuway which is an Argentinian site and everything is fine.
    Thanks for your trouble.

Regards thewolfman

Beans

hehehe what a coincidence. I'm from Argentina

I'm glad I could help.

cya!

Beans

I got the same problem as mikkie a couple of days ago, I also use Archlinux. Earlier I used the sis671 driver, but when xorg-server updated to 1.7, it stopped working, yes I tried to disable DRI, and now only the vesa driver is working for me.

Have any users using other distributions that have upgraded to 1.7 encountered similar problems?

Beans

I think sis671 drivers are compiled for 1.6...

Compile your own drivers. Maybe they need some changes. Make them, and if you success, please post the compiled drivers for 1.7 here. (with the modified source code of course)

Beans

Compile your own drivers. ....
    =================================================

No offence, mate, but with that kind of thinking Linux would be nowhere. I've tried compiling the 64 bit driver myself but had obviously no luck (or to be more precise, i just lack the sufficient knowledge).

Beans

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude.

But SiS puts me nervous.. the lack of support is annoying. By "compile your own drivers" I was trying to summarize: "There is no support. SiS sucks, don't ever EVER buy another SiS product in your life. Try to sell the notebook and buy a new one. And if you can't do that. then try to compile the drivers by your own to make them work, cause now one else is working on this drivers full time"

Good luck.

Beans

Unhappy Re: SiS 771/671 Mirage 3 Video Drivers!?!?

i havent solved the graphics driver till now..........

its the onboard graphics card came with my lenovo desktop

model 53123-BQ
    k 200 series

Beans

Thanks DC740 for touching on my problem. I had in fact done a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10, without altering anything (absolute newbie). However, you were right in suspecting the xorg.cong file. I found on another forum how to change it so that it now works perfectly. As my driver is a sis M661 the solution will probably not interest the followers of this forum. Thanks again, Kaspin
    Kaspin knows no fear, he knows no danger, he knows nothing....
    Ubuntu 11.04 on Samsung N150, Ubuntu 10.10 on Asus a6000. ******* needed to update TomTom.

Beans

I think in 6 - 12 months, everyone, who want to use Gnome3 have to sell the notebook, cause it don't work!

Tried it with Ubuntu 9.10 - gnome-shell from synaptic - only black and extrem slow screen - totaly unusable.

Was someone asking SIS for a newer 3D driver, now they are out of chip production?!

AlphaX2

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Hello

In spite 9.04 driver was working on Karmik, I compiled what I assume is the Bartlomiej Erlich/Winischhofer driver on Karmic 64-bit, it is working as expected and I posted it here .
    Don't forget to add /etc/X11/xorg.conf in 9.10, since it isn't there by default.

Got the hint that I had a broken link in my page for the ready to download xorg.conf. It's corrected now, thanks Devin.
    Last edited by ajoliveira; November 25th, 2009 at 06:30 PM. Reason: new info
    All the best

Antonio

Page 28 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast