Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    Wow lots of questions
    okay onscreen keyboard

>sudo apt-get install cellwriter

this has a built in keyboard and a handwriting to text thingie.... I like it.

on the rotation I will add that to the tutorial soon... hopefully today but I said that two days ago...
    If you want an early start here is where I learned how... (This is also the place to learn the buttons):
    http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/tx2020/tx2000howto.htm
    it has a lot of useful stuff, but the suspend and hibernate never worked for me.

In gimp if you select the eraser with the eraser end and paint with the cursor end they should go back and forth. (sometimes you have to do it a couple times.)
    But this will only work if you have configured the devices in Gimp (which if you have pressure then they are configured right...)
    Kory
    Hey thanks a lot for the links!!now everything is working I can rotate the screen 90 degrees at a time and bind the multimedia keys, now the quickplay button rotates the screen, the stylus is works but I can't bind the erraser tool to the erraser point of the stylus, I now have onscreen keyboard, and suspend and hibernate are also working. now I'm going to fix the mic, is the only thing not working (I dont care about finger print reading and lightscribe).

Thanks a lot

Best regards,
    Felipe
    Last edited by Felipe_U; August 9th, 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am actually working on that now!
    If you put

options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=3stack position_fix=0 single_cmd=0

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    then it gets everything working, but it seems a dirty way of doing it. I am going to figure out how to get it workin almost perfect, but it may take some time.
    Using that line is what got most everything working, but the mic has a lot of static which I don't think should be there. It also has a lot of extra devices that don't need to be there. On the gimp thing....
    upload a copy of xorg.conf (just rename it to xorg.txt so it will upload) and I will take a look to get all that working...
    Kory

Beans

If anyone wants to get this fixed for intrepid, please stop by #ubuntu-x on freenode. Building from source is nice, but I'd much prefer we had the latest releases built and ready for testing.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jldugger View Post
    If anyone wants to get this fixed for intrepid, please stop by #ubuntu-x on freenode. Building from source is nice, but I'd much prefer we had the latest releases built and ready for testing.
    I would love to help but the laptop is not mine, I'm returning it today to my friend so he can enjoy ubuntu and ditch Vista

Regards,
    Felipe

Beans
    Distro

I am actually working on that now!
    If you put

options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=3stack position_fix=0 single_cmd=0

in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    then it gets everything working, but it seems a dirty way of doing it. I am going to figure out how to get it workin almost perfect, but it may take some time.
    Using that line is what got most everything working, but the mic has a lot of static which I don't think should be there. It also has a lot of extra devices that don't need to be there. On the gimp thing....
    upload a copy of xorg.conf (just rename it to xorg.txt so it will upload) and I will take a look to get all that working...
    Kory
    Hi, I'm returning the laptop today, but I'll see if my friend can lend it to me next weekend and I'll upload the xorg.con then.

Once again, thank you sooo much

Regards,
    Felipe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Wow lots of questions
    okay onscreen keyboard

>sudo apt-get install cellwriter

this has a built in keyboard and a handwriting to text thingie.... I like it.

on the rotation I will add that to the tutorial soon... hopefully today but I said that two days ago...
    If you want an early start here is where I learned how... (This is also the place to learn the buttons):
    http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/tx2020/tx2000howto.htm
    it has a lot of useful stuff, but the suspend and hibernate never worked for me.

In gimp if you select the eraser with the eraser end and paint with the cursor end they should go back and forth. (sometimes you have to do it a couple times.)
    But this will only work if you have configured the devices in Gimp (which if you have pressure then they are configured right...)
    Kory
    Thanx to you dude, the next time I run vista it will be on a virtual machine. How do I pay you?

A few bugs I noticed.
    The rotate works well except the configurations does note rotate i.e when i rotate 180degrees going (with stylus) left take me right and going up takes me down, I copied ur rotate.sh and counter checked xorg.conf as well as Xmodmap.

TIP

The sound on tx2000 I noticed there are two ways to make it work, one leaves the mute button orange and one turns it blue. Thats not the only difference one method does work with headphones and one does so I will recommend people to use the following line because it works with headphones the way it suppose to work.

go to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    >sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base

then as the last line add this entry in a new line paste:

options snd-hda-intel model=hp

This gives you sound on both spleakers and when you plug in the headphones it mutes the speakers. External Mic also works perfectly I just finished a skype video/audio call this second.

DO NOT use
    "options snd-hda-intel index=0 model=3stack position_fix=0 single_cmd=0"

on HP tx2000 running hardy 64bit because you will not have sound through the head phones.

cheers
    Last edited by Kalibur; August 11th, 2008 at 07:04 PM.
    "When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.", Zig Ziglar

Beans

...Also do:
    >gedit ~/.xinitrc

and delete any line with "xsetwacom" at the beginning Unless you know why it is there. This will make it easier to calibrate. Save that then restart.
    upon logging in see if the touchscreen/stylus/eraser sends any input to the mouse. It should move it, though probably uncalibrated.
    If it does not move then post the results of
    >./configure --enable-wacom (do it over again)
    and also post the contents of xorg.conf...
    After restart, I get the logon screen, I log on and before any of my desktop shows up, the screen goes white and all I can see is the mouse. The digitizer doesn't work at all. The only thing I can do is Ctl-Alt-Del, and then up, up, left, left, and enter (this selects the log off option) so obviously the computer is still responding, I just cannot see anything. I have also had a simmilar issue on opengl screensavers, they will start, and work, but if I move the mouse, they freeze, and the desktop doesn't display. but the computer is still active and I can do the logoff thing I do for the white screen.

I can log into failsafe gnome. Can I complete the wacom installation in there?

PS: I am on a tx2500, I was linked to this post from another. will this all work on tx2500 rather than tx2000?
    Last edited by WACOMalt; August 18th, 2008 at 08:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Did you overwrite your xorg.conf with mine?
    If you did that would be the problem.
    Your laptop does not have the nvidia graphics I have. Post your xorg.conf and we will go from there.
    Kory

Beans

Did you overwrite your xorg.conf with mine?
    nope, I didnt. Turns out the white screen was some completely unrealted problem with my hardware acceleration, fixed now by reinstalling the ati proprietary drivers.

Now then, I still do not have digitizer working, after following your oroginal guide (and the addon you posted later) Is there any easier way to get this working on tx2500?

also, how do I UNdo everything I just did? I feel that my wacom driver attempts and stuff are cluttering my computer. Would like to undo the broken install of them.

thanks btw!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Ooo good deal...

Okay this will remove the kernel driver:

>sudo rm /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/wacom.ko

The easiest way to remove everything else is to run
    the uninstall.sh script that comes in the prebuilt folder of the linux-wacom folder.

another way (though a little redundent)
    is to install the real packages for them then remove them i.e

go to synaptic and search for wacom. Two packages should show up.
    install them then apply.
    Now right click on them and select remove completely.
    That should also work

I am about to update the tutorial so you will not have to patch it anymore
    yay!

Also for now I would leave your xorg.conf alone...
    If you feel the need to fix it, make sure to back it up!

>cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak

Also for you and anyone else using my tutorial... You need to update your xorg.conf file to match mine that is uploaded here. It fixes a few things...
    anyway cheers and hope this helps!

Kory

btw: the wacom files are not that big and really don't clutter anything, but I understand where you are coming from. I am way too CDO (OCD in alphabetical order)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast