Thread: alsa wrapper stopped working for Chrome too...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

[solved]alsa wrapper stopped working for Chrome too...

I'm running strickty ALSA on my Ubuntu 10.04, and everything was working except for using alsa-wrapper with firefox. But it didn't reallt matter as it worked fine with chrome (launching chorme with "aoss chromium-browser"). But now that stopped working too, which means multiple audio playback from browser and other applications doesn't work. Alsa-wrapper still works with Opera, but I'm not really fond of Opera.

Any suppestions?
    Last edited by Truckerpunk; September 5th, 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: [solved]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: alsa wrapper stopped working for Chrome too...

Turns out it was only java-applications that stole the entire sound. I got this sovled now, by running all java applications through the alsa-wrapper.
    I did this by renaming the javalauncher to java.bin, creating a new java file, making it executable, and adding the script below. here are codes for the terminal:

cd /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin
    sudo mv java java.bin
    sudo touch java
    sudo chmod +x java
    sudo nano java

And then making the script:

#!/bin/bash
    aoss /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java.bin "$@"

This will also work with pulseaudio, just change the aoss in the script to padsp instead. This might not work after an upgrade of java, unless you make another of these small scripts. And the folder in which you modify should match your current version of java.
    Last edited by Truckerpunk; September 5th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.