Thread: Xubuntu 11.04 sometimes freezes on screensaver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Xubuntu 11.04 sometimes freezes on screensaver

Hello all. Have had other installs of 11.04 that weren't the Xubuntu install and not had this problem before. The problem is I will leave my computer and run to the store or something of that sort and when I come back I find that my computer is froze and the screensaver is not moving. The only way for me to get back to the desktop is to turn the computer off. This problem does not always happen. Sometimes I come back from work after the screensaver running for hours and it will be just fine.

Has anybody else had this problem? I have not with any other installs or previous versions of Ubuntu. Could this be an XFCE problem?

Thanks for your input.
    Tony
    Last edited by sir.sargento; September 20th, 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Additional info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Xubuntu 11.04 sometimes freezes on screensaver

Is it a clean install of Xubuntu or Xfce running on a regular Gnome install? If the latter you may have two screensavers running at the same time.

I'd imagine it to be a 'combination of 11.04 and your machine configuration' problem and probably the right tweak will fix (or the right update). A matter of finding or waiting. If you really think it's a bug you should file a report. One may already exist.

Before you do that you should dig. Start diggin' ...

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&suge...w=1366&bih=596

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Is it a clean install of Xubuntu or Xfce running on a regular Gnome install? If the latter you may have two screensavers running at the same time.

I'd imagine it to be a 'combination of 11.04 and your machine configuration' problem and probably the right tweak will fix (or the right update). A matter of finding or waiting. If you really think it's a bug you should file a report. One may already exist.

Before you do that you should dig. Start diggin' ...

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&suge...w=1366&bih=596
    This is a clean install of Xubuntu.. Maybe two weeks old. Also you're right, I must admit i haven't looked much through google. Will start doing that now and maybe I can get this solved before one of you guys have to figure it out

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hmm. Odd. I had some issues with the two at once but have 11.04 Xubuntu clean install on another partition so if I get time later will check it out. Don't use it much and so don't know what happens with the screensaver. I do know it runs faultlessly otherwise ... Good luck ...