Page 121 of 391 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3901

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello, my name is Ian and I am an alcoholic. snicker... snicker...

I like tinkering with operating systems alot. I have used linux for about two years now. I must admit that I didn't think I was going to like unity as I am not a fan of forks of mainstream packages. Alas it has grown on me a little. The only thing that I would like to see more of is the source code.

Ian

Beans

Hi, Got help from the forum when struggling with amazonmp3 install and was so chuffed I thought I'll join up. Am liking Ubuntu very much. Installed Easy Peasey on my acer eee netbook as the old Xandros was getting very clunky.

Beans

Re: Hi i am new here!!

Quote Originally Posted by sadaruwan12 View Post
    I think she has gotten this confused for another social network. You're welcome but friend this is a technical support network for a distribution called Ubuntu not a social forum.

Also not a very good place for finding friends but if you have any questions regarding Ubuntu or Linux you're most welcome to ask it here we'll help you to solve it at that time you'll see lot of friends.

Ya I am confused about this forum because i find an introduction tread then i came across this tread.I post my intro here.Sorry for this disturbance.Actually i don't know about this website.Thats why i doing wrong thing.Bydway thanks for the reply.Will you help in understanding this site more briefly.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome!

If you want an introduction to the forum, this is a good place to start:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=48

Please search thoroughly here before posting - chances are that your question has already been answered.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Post Newbie here....

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to say hi to all, my name is Ronnie. There are a lot of useful and helpful topics here and I want to participate in them. Hope all will cooperate and support me.

Thanks a lot.
    Ronnie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Merged.

And Welcome

Beans

Oh gosh. I'm a little nervous. Hello, everyone! My name is Raina, and I am brand-spanking new to linux, but I'm in love with it so far. I transferred in from Windows, and I couldn't be happier about the change!

BUT I have had a couple of problems from time to time-- as you imagine anyone making THAT OS leap would-- and I'd really like to learn more about the various creative things I can use linux for and how I can help contribute, besides the fact that I'm very curious and would love to learn a bit more about using the terminal and writing code for things. I'm not a professional of any kind; just an aspiring makeup artist that also tends to be an enormous nerd. I'm 22 and going to community college, and I love learning new things and exploring things I've never tried before-- actually, that's the whole reason I gave Ubuntu a try in the first place. I can't wait to learn how to do more with it, and I hope I can make some new friends here!

(By the way! My screenname is, well, semi-butchered fangirl Japanese, haha. "Guro" being short for "grotesque" and also referring to a certain genre of art, and "-kko" referring to a girl or a child. So, essentially, it just means "grotesque girl" or "grotesque child." I think it suits my interests outside of makeup and Ubuntu pretty well. Heheheh.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by gurokko View Post
    Oh gosh. I'm a little nervous. Hello, everyone! My name is Raina, and I am brand-spanking new to linux, but I'm in love with it so far. I transferred in from Windows, and I couldn't be happier about the change!

BUT I have had a couple of problems from time to time-- as you imagine anyone making THAT OS leap would-- and I'd really like to learn more about the various creative things I can use linux for and how I can help contribute, besides the fact that I'm very curious and would love to learn a bit more about using the terminal and writing code for things. I'm not a professional of any kind; just an aspiring makeup artist that also tends to be an enormous nerd. I'm 22 and going to community college, and I love learning new things and exploring things I've never tried before-- actually, that's the whole reason I gave Ubuntu a try in the first place. I can't wait to learn how to do more with it, and I hope I can make some new friends here!

(By the way! My screenname is, well, semi-butchered fangirl Japanese, haha. "Guro" being short for "grotesque" and also referring to a certain genre of art, and "-kko" referring to a girl or a child. So, essentially, it just means "grotesque girl" or "grotesque child." I think it suits my interests outside of makeup and Ubuntu pretty well. Heheheh.)
    Welcome to the forum!

Beans

Greetings and salutations.

My name is Lee and I'm a long time Ubuntu user. I started using it sometime around Ubuntu 5.10 (Breezy Badger). I've used different flavors of Linux (Fedora, Linux Mint) but I always seem to migrate back to Ubuntu because, well, it just works. So I figured I'd go ahead and register and offer what assistance I can. I'm also interested in getting the South Carolina LOCO group going again.

As for my name, I've been using Android phones since the Droid Eris (still have it) and currently have the Bionic. It's not uncommon for me to get numerous emails every week from friends and family members telling me they are able to upgrade and ask my recommendation. If I worked for Verizon I probably could have already retired as their all time top sales rep.
    Last edited by Lee_Bo; February 22nd, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome to all the awesome dudes and dudettes new to the forum

Page 121 of 391 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast