Thread: Intermittent wireless issues with update manager

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Intermittent wireless issues with update manager

Hi guys,
    I'm having intermittent issues with my wireless networking. I'm running a Netgear WN111v2 USB adapter that worked as soon as I installed Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. The issue seems to happen whenever I try to use the update manager. As soon as UM starts to download files, my wireless networking completely stops working and will no longer connect to the router that it had been connected to. No configuration has been changed as far as I can tell, and if I reboot my pc, the wireless will work again. Any ideas as to the issue and how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Intermittent wireless issues with update manager

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyMac View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm having intermittent issues with my wireless networking. I'm running a Netgear WN111v2 USB adapter that worked as soon as I installed Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit. The issue seems to happen whenever I try to use the update manager. As soon as UM starts to download files, my wireless networking completely stops working and will no longer connect to the router that it had been connected to. No configuration has been changed as far as I can tell, and if I reboot my pc, the wireless will work again. Any ideas as to the issue and how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.
    Not much to add, but this happens to me as well. I can usually reconnect the wireless without rebooting and the downloads will complete after a few misfires.
    I break my Ubuntu on purpose.