Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

Beans

Re: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

I have exactly the same problem as the previous poster. Same fstab.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unhappy Re: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

I am in the same situation and am fairly confident it is caused by an incomplete upgrade, thus a lot of packages are not upgraded nor configured.

After using:
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    I got write-access in the minimal shell, which allows to snoop around and fix things. I then did this:
    Code:
    apt-get -f install
    dpkg --configure --pending
    ...this told me I had over 400 packages not yet installed (!!) and it attempted to fix things. It got somewhat far but I am stuck on an error which says "/var/lib/binfmts does not exist" and a domino effect of dpkg errors follow this resulting in an abort.

It makes some sense: if some packages are new and some are old they may not play nice together and cause a train-wreck at boot, resulting in odd errors like the one in this thread. Networking is broken too; it's going to be a long night.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Post Re: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

An update. If you get a "too many errors" abort with dpkg or apt-get try:
    Code:
    dpkg --configure --pending --abort-after=99999
    This got my system partially bootable. Also consider replacing "--pending" with "-a" as this would theoretically redo the entire config process in case something got nasty by chance last time.

This is going to be my last post in this thread as my additional issues are outside this scope, unless there is a reason to do otherwise.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

Quote Originally Posted by The_BB View Post
    I have exactly the same problem as the previous poster. Same fstab.
    im stilling looking for a solution, let me know if you find one, ill do the same

Beans

Can anyone outline a solution to this for someone who isn't a UBUNTU wizard? Computer hangs during boot and displays the error message about /etc/fstab. I tried reinstalling, to a separate partition or to an empty second hard drive, but always get the same error message. Both those installs seemed to complete so I don't think there is any issue with an incomplete install.

Beans

I have the same problem here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Re: One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab cannot yet be mounted

i have moved my issue to a new thread, if you get the One or more of the mounts listed in /etc/fstab error on boot, and you still boot in normally, please view and post a reply on:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...64#post8267664

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12