Thread: Realtek RTL8191SE

Hybrid View

Beans

Realtek RTL8191SE

Hi there.

I recently purchased a laptop Toshiba L500-13W.
    I have installed Ubuntu on it and i have ony one problem for now.

It's Realtek RTL8191SE wireless lan isn't recognized by Ubuntu.

On a desperate try to put it working i've made the upgrade to the new Ubuntu version 9.10(its still in beta) but i couldn't put it to work.

I was hopping for a bit of help regarding this.

Ty for your time.

Beans

Re: Realtek RTL8191SE

You and me both. I can't get the card to work for the life of me. I have the Toshiba l500-02H with the Realtek RTL8191SE WIRELESS CARD PCI-E NIC. I do not have the wifi card with the Bluetooth.

I have tried ndiswrapper on 9.04 and no luck there, I have downloaded 9.10 today "not the RC" and ifconfig wlan0 up says there is no device. I an not new to the bash and ndiswrapper install but can't figure this one out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Same issue. I have a new Toshiba T115 with Realtek RTL8191SE. Guess this is a windows box....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a Toshiba T135-S1309 with the same Wireless chip integrated. I guess I'm stuck with Windows Seven ...

Ubuntu needs a driver task force IMO.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Check out this thread at launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/401126

It is for the rtl8192se chipset, but someone in there reported it worked for the 8191se chipset as well.

Alternatively, send an e-mail to realtek and give them your network device info, and the version of ubuntu you are running and they will send you the proper driver.

I just went through all of this with an rtl8192e chipset and they were extremely fast at sending me a driver for it.

Beans

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 and here is what worked for me: run terminal and type
    "sudo apt-get install ndisgtk" and after that is done go here and get the win2k driver.
    Then I just unzipped the driver file into the download file. Then I clicked
    system-administration-windows wireless driver, and searched for
    for downloads - rtl8191 (the file that you unzipped)-91_92_SE_Driver-win2k-net8192se.inf
    and click install and close. Worked for me hope it works for you! I had to use WPA Personal
    and tkip algorithms to make it all work, but it is working good for me.
    Last edited by bjsmith307; December 7th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Beans

Worked for me!!!

Thank you, bjsmith307

Quote Originally Posted by bjsmith307 View Post
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 and here is what worked for me: run terminal and type
    "sudo apt-get install ndisgtk" and after that is done go here and get the win2k driver.
    for downloads - rtl8191 (the file that you unzipped)-91_92_SE_Driver-win2k-net8192se.inf
    and click install and close. Worked for me hope it works for you! I had to use WPA Personal

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bjsmith307 View Post
    "sudo apt-get install ndisgtk" and after that is done go [URL="http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level= 5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true #RTL8192SE"]here[,/URL] and get the win2k driver.
    tried this on my 1201N-dual boot (w7&karmic), and it works!
    thanks, bjsmith307