Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Realtek RTL8191SE

Beans

Realtek RTL8191SE

Hi there.

I recently purchased a laptop Toshiba L500-13W.
    I have installed Ubuntu on it and i have ony one problem for now.

It's Realtek RTL8191SE wireless lan isn't recognized by Ubuntu.

On a desperate try to put it working i've made the upgrade to the new Ubuntu version 9.10(its still in beta) but i couldn't put it to work.

I was hopping for a bit of help regarding this.

Ty for your time.

Beans

Re: Realtek RTL8191SE

You and me both. I can't get the card to work for the life of me. I have the Toshiba l500-02H with the Realtek RTL8191SE WIRELESS CARD PCI-E NIC. I do not have the wifi card with the Bluetooth.

I have tried ndiswrapper on 9.04 and no luck there, I have downloaded 9.10 today "not the RC" and ifconfig wlan0 up says there is no device. I an not new to the bash and ndiswrapper install but can't figure this one out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Beans

Same issue. I have a new Toshiba T115 with Realtek RTL8191SE. Guess this is a windows box....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have a Toshiba T135-S1309 with the same Wireless chip integrated. I guess I'm stuck with Windows Seven ...

Ubuntu needs a driver task force IMO.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Check out this thread at launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/401126

It is for the rtl8192se chipset, but someone in there reported it worked for the 8191se chipset as well.

Alternatively, send an e-mail to realtek and give them your network device info, and the version of ubuntu you are running and they will send you the proper driver.

I just went through all of this with an rtl8192e chipset and they were extremely fast at sending me a driver for it.

Beans

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 and here is what worked for me: run terminal and type
    "sudo apt-get install ndisgtk" and after that is done go here and get the win2k driver.
    Then I just unzipped the driver file into the download file. Then I clicked
    system-administration-windows wireless driver, and searched for
    for downloads - rtl8191 (the file that you unzipped)-91_92_SE_Driver-win2k-net8192se.inf
    and click install and close. Worked for me hope it works for you! I had to use WPA Personal
    and tkip algorithms to make it all work, but it is working good for me.
    Last edited by bjsmith307; December 7th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Beans

Worked for me!!!

Thank you, bjsmith307

Quote Originally Posted by bjsmith307 View Post
    I have a Toshiba Satellite L505 and here is what worked for me: run terminal and type
    "sudo apt-get install ndisgtk" and after that is done go here and get the win2k driver.
    Then I just unzipped the driver file into the download file. Then I clicked
    system-administration-windows wireless driver, and searched for
    for downloads - rtl8191 (the file that you unzipped)-91_92_SE_Driver-win2k-net8192se.inf
    and click install and close. Worked for me hope it works for you! I had to use WPA Personal
    and tkip algorithms to make it all work, but it is working good for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I recieved the drivers direct from realtek. I had to compile them but as soon as I ran make and make install and rebooted it worked. Anyone need driver source? I cannot attach source since it's larger than the quota.

But I'm using my wireless every day with this version. It's pretty stable unless you have to switch hotspots. That may lead to a system hang. But that hang even happens on Windows 7.

Beans

If you can, please, do, i'm on the same boat, i've tried a few different drivers, etc, i've tried the linux drivers on their page to no sucsess, so if you have it i'll take it, thanks...

do you want my email so you can send it??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I'm interested!!!

Do you want my email so you can send it??
    Notebook ASUS A6JCMAS.219, Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz,2GiB System Memory, Video G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300], HD 100GB HTS541010G9AT00, Network Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] (rev 02)

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast