Thread: Wifi is not working in Acer 5735 laptop

Beans

Angry Wifi is not working in Acer 5735 laptop

Dear All,

I got Acer Aspire 5735 laptop. My laptop had Vista os installed in it. I have unintalled Vista and installed Win Xp service pack 2. After installing XP wifi is not detecting. Wifi network itself not detecting in device manager. When I had Vista wifi was working fine for me. Do you guys can help me to find solution for this issue? It will be very helpful to me.

Thanks
    Senthil.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wifi is not working in Acer 5735 laptop

Try with Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Maybe you need xp drivers just a guess
    Thanks for the Help. Jerry ☮
    Dell Dimension 4700-P4 HT 3.20GHz - 3GB Ram- GeFource 6600- 11.04 + Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
    Acer Aspire 4530- ADM Athlon 64 X2 1.90GHz- 4GB Ram- GeForce 9100m G- Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Beans

Yeah, I guess the same and tried with the xp drivers, but it didn't help. When I was installing the driver, it has shown the message as "wireless card not found".

Is that something I need to change in the BIOS setup?

Beans

I have downloaded the driver for WAN fogr my laptop from the internet and installed it even then it is not working? while installing again failue message popped-up saying that no more wireless card found?

Any idea to this issue?

Beans

Do you have a hardware switch to turn on wlan? Is it on?

There may also be a software switch in addition to the hardware switch. For example, I have an Asus m50vm-b1 and even though my wlan/bluetooth hardware switch is always on, sometimes I have to hit Fn+F2 in order to activate my wireless adapter.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Why are you looking for Help with Windows XP on a Linux forum? Shouldn't this be moved?
    Ubuntu 8.04/Dell Inspiron 700m Intel Celeron D 1.67Ghz 756MB G.Skill/60GB HDD
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid AMD64bit SE/Custom XFX mobo/AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz/4GB G.Skill DDR2 800Mhz/1840GB HDD(4)

Beans

Thanks. Yes I have the hardware switch to enable wireless. But it is not working. I will check for software key to enable the wifi.