Thread: No Audio Playback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

No Audio Playback

Hi everyone I use this site to listen to radio http://delicast.com/radio but when I click to listen to a certain station I get no sound, at first it told me to install a bunch of plugins and codecs so I did and I though that would fix it, but it didn't ...neither Totem Browser Plugin nor Movie Player will work,, If you guys have any ways to resolve this issue would be great
    thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: No Audio Playback

Visited site. It tries to embed a number of scripts which I will not permit due to security concerns (I don't know these sites from Adam), so cannot test for you. Do the sites use a Windows-only or IE-only codec unavailable in Linux-Firefox-Chrome? If so, you are out of luck. If they do work with Linux codecs, then try:

1. closing, then opening your browser,
    2. using a different browser,

In general, there are lots of sites that only work with MS IE. These sites will not work with Firefox or Chrome, even in their Windows incarnations, never mind their Linux ones. Rather than pull my hair out trying to make them work, I usually leave a message saying that their shortsightedness and lack of support for other platforms has just lost them a customer (in your case, a listener). Many don't care, but I have received a couple of replies which are at least encouraging. I don't know of any other solution to sites that willingly wall themselves off from open standards.

Beans

You need flash player to listen to the radio in that website. See if this website gives any problems.

I don't use flash anymore. I think, I will install gnash to still 'ave access to youtube.
    Last edited by Pletched; January 5th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
    Ubuntu 10.04 is just the best.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Guys, thanks a lot for your answers , thanks for the link ... I will try Delicast on another browswer to see if it works .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

That site works for me. I'm on 10.10 here, using Firefox. I have Ubuntu restricted extras installed. Don't know which flash, actually, but I think it is Adobe flash rather than Gnash. According to Synaptic, the flashplugin-installer package is installed.
    Michael