Thread: Graphics software that detects layers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Graphics software that detects layers?

Hello.

I was wondering if there existed any graphics software that can automatically detect "layers" on a picture so that it would be easy to delete parts of the picture that are not wanted. I understand that gimp and photoshop allow the production of layers, but that isn't what I want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Graphics software that detects layers?

Be more specific, layers are created from programs that have the ability to support it, generally layers are created by users, if you want to delete something from a photo you must do it yourself, layers are created to separate elements from an image to avoid the merge when you close the file and you need to edit it again.
    Last edited by DMKryl; December 9th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
    Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by Mine's Ultimate R View Post
    Hello.

I was wondering if there existed any graphics software that can automatically detect "layers" on a picture so that it would be easy to delete parts of the picture that are not wanted. I understand that gimp and photoshop allow the production of layers, but that isn't what I want.
    well yeah if you saved your project as *.xcf your layers would still be there when you will open it again inside gimp. Usually layers are supported by the same programs where they have been done if the save has been done into the programs specific format, like gimp's *.xcf for example without being merged previously. If the save was done in *.jpg, *.png,*.gif and so on the layers were auto merged and there are no more layers to be recognized by any programs.

If you want to remove some aspects from the picture try different types of selections like selecting by color, or freehand selection, even cloning at some extent could help you achieving that.
    Debian rulz but Ubuntu it's alright either

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

what kind of picture -is it a raster jpeg or a vector svg, eps

if its a raster that only think that i can think of that may help is gimp - i just happen to find select color - there you can select a color in the picture and it will select all colors you can put that in a layer and so on

if its a vector if there is layers built you should be able to seperate them in inkscape or sk1

if there isnt you can vector it and then add build the layers yourself
    We specialize is custom work for all sports teams and any special event. we also do work for business store fronts as well as auto decals www.hometown-graphics.com http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/v...hicago%20LoCo/